Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Creme de la Crime:

Janet Hutchings edited "Creme de la Crime" which is a collection of short stories by some of the winners of the world's top mystery awards.  Some of them I've heard of -- Anne Perry, Ruth Rendell, Lawrence Block, Joyce Carol Oates, Jeffrey Deaver, and Carolyn Hart. However, there were many I hadn't heard of and having had a taste of their writing I want to read more.  I love this type of book because it's easy to read a story at bedtime and not get caught up in a whole novel that I don't want to put down...... plus I discover new authors.

There are something like 27 authors featured and Jeffrey Deaver's "Triangle" was a real surprise.  Janet LaPierre's "De Capo" was another surprise that lead me to decide I must check out this author!  Melodie Johnson Howe is an actress turned mystery author and I'm going to look into her Claire Conrad-Maggie Hill novels which she describes as the female answer to Nero Wolf and Archie Goodwin.  So many authors and so little time but I certainly have a new list to choose from out of these 27.  pazt 

No comments:

Post a Comment