Monday, January 21, 2013

"Blood Never Dies"

"Blood Never Dies" was published in 2012 and is the latest book in Cynthia Harrod-Eagles' Detective Inspector Bill Slider Mystery series.  I've read every book in the series and am so disappointed there is not another one out ready for me to read!  If you want to know more about this author and other series that she's written, check out www.cynthiaharrodeagles.com.  I was pleased to discover when I visited her site that all of the Bill Slider mystery series is now available on ebooks.  (Perhaps you may have guessed that I received an e-reader for Christmas.) 

I took a little vacation earlier this month and wanted to read a book daily but my body decided I needed rest as I kept falling asleep while reading --- and I never fall asleep normally while reading mysteries.  I did manage to finish "Blood Never Dies" and it's a mystery within a mystery.  The first victim (an apprarent suicide) is himself a mystery.  First, it wasn't suicide then discovering who the victim is takes Slider and his team down a path discovering identity after identity -- Will they ever discover who this victim was?  As they question those who knew him (under pseudonyms) some of them end up as victims, too -- of apparent suicides which turn out not to be suicides?  Someone doesn't want something discovered but who and what?  It is another very satisfying read from Harrod-Eagles!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment