Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Free Fall"

Really!  I should learn !!!  "Free Fall" is a continuation of the Elvis Cole detective series by Robert Crais.  I started it over the holidays for bedtime reading and, as usual with the Cole series, I couldn't put it down until I finished it.  Did I have things I needed to be doing instead of reading? Of course! Will I learn to wait to start the next one until I have nothing else on my "to do" list?  Probably not... so let's hope the next book in the series, "Voodoo River," arrives before I start my vacation.

"Free Fall" finds Cole with a client, Jennifer Sheridan, who can only afford his fees on a payment plan -- at $40 per month.  She's worried that her fiance, Mark Thurman, is in some kind of trouble and wants Cole to quietly investigate.  When Cole suggests she might do better by contacting the police, she tells him she can't call the police because her fiance is an LA cop in a special plainclothes unit.  Unable to resist a damsel in distress, Cole reluctantly takes on the case and finds himself and his partner, Joe Pike, with a client and themselves immediately in danger.  What have they gotten themselves into that involves putting their lives at risk not only from the police but from the South Central gangs?  No wonder I couldn't put it down!  It's nonstop action from beginning to end.  pazt

(For more about author Robert Crais, visit his website:  www.robertcrais.com)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment