Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Pie In The Sky" Series 2

My spouse and I just finished watching Series 2 of "Pie in The Sky," the British detective series starring Richard Griffiths as semi-retired policeman, Henry Crabbe, and I've already requested Series 3.  I think this must be our favorite British mystery series.  There's always a mystery to be solved but rarely a murder.  There were several intriguing episodes in this series but I would have to say my absolute favorite involved Henry's relationship with an elderly woman who has written some of his favorite books about cooking.  She needs his assistance dealing with a nephew and the nephew's wife who have put her in a retirement home.  However, she won't stay put -- running off to visit a long time male friend or Crabbe.  All is not what it appears, though, as often seems to be the case when Crabbe is involved.  It's truly a creative solution to an age-old issue - don't miss it or the others in this series if you're a fan of British mysteries.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment