Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rizzoli & Isles Season Two

Wow!  The second season of Rizzoli & Isles was fantastic -- I kinda wish I didn't have so much going on in my life so that I could start Season 3.  As often seems to be the case with a TV series, the last show of the season is a cliffhanger -- not as much as the end of the first season but still a cliffhanger!

Season Two consists of 3 DVD disks and, if, like my spouse, you're not a fan of Jane's arch enemy criminal, Hoyt, you might want to skip the last episode on the second disk, "Remember Me."  I had to watch it to see what happened and I think (but I could be wrong) that we've seen the last of Hoyt!

This season sees Jane's younger brother, Tommy, out of jail and he becomes quite a likeable character as well as a worthy chess opponent for Dr. Isles.  Jane's parents are divorcing so her mom is living in Maura's guest house and Tommy joins her there when he is released from prison -- until he can find a place of his own.  Maura's family also is more visible this season as well as the current love interests for Maura and Jane..

Jane's other brother is working on becoming a detective so there's more interaction at work between the two of them.  Their mom has taken a job in the precinct coffee shop truly making the precinct a family affair -- sometimes maybe too much of a good thing.  We also get a glimpse into Jane's partner's personal lives -- giving us a more well rounded picture of all the players.  All in all this was an excellent season to watch!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment