Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Comfort and Joy"

"Comfort and Joy" appears to be India Knight's third novel although it's the first one that I've read.  I picked it up at the library over the holidays because it was recommended as a light, funny holiday read.  The book starts on 12/23/2009, and ends on 12/25/2011, focusing just on each year's holiday season.  Clara Dunphy is a twice-divorced nother of three who always tries to get the holiday perfect even if it means her life is chaotic and filled with dysfunctional individuals as a result.  The people who populate her holidays include ex-spouses (sometimes with their current spouses or lovers), her mother and siblings as well as ex-stepfathers and assorted friends and relatives -- sometimes a pretty odd assortment of characters.  Although it did take me a little while to get into the story, once I did I really enjoyed it and had some laugh out loud reading moments so I will look for another one of her books to read in the future.  pazt

In addition to being a best selling novelist, India Knight is a columnist for "The Sunday Times" in London where she lives with her three children.

No comments:

Post a Comment