Monday, June 14, 2010

"The Geography of Bliss"

Author, Eric Weiner, is searching for happiness so he decides to visit the World Database of Happiness in the Netherlands to find out which countries are the happiest and which are the unhappiest. After some in depth time in the Netherlands he sets off to visit some of the happiest and unhappiest countries in the world. He shares in the book his observations after visiting The Netherlands, Switzerland, Bhutan, Qatar, Iceland, Moldova, Thailand, Great Britain, India, and returning home to America. I probably wouldn't have picked this book up except our couple's book club chose it for their May read. I enjoyed learning about the different countries -- some I'd not heard of before -- and I enjoyed Weiner's style of writing and his humor. I won't spoil it for you and tell you which countries are the happiest or unhappiest -- You'll have to read it for yourself!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment