Sunday, March 25, 2018

"The Theory of Everything"

My husband and I just watched the movie, "The Theory of Everything," which is the love story of Jane and Stephen Hawking.  They met at Cambridge as students and shortly afterwards he was diagnosed with an illness that was to have been fatal in 2 years.  As we all know, that proved not to be the case since Stephen Hawking died earlier this month at age 76.  (His illness was diagnosed at age 22.)

Although his family was concerned about Jane's ability (and strength) to cope with Stephen's progressive illness, they did marry - a marriage that would last 30 years until their divorce.  In the beginning their life was difficult but manageable and they found a lot of joy in one another but, as his care demands grew, life became more stressful for Jane as they did not have the finances at that time to hire additional help.  They did have three children, too, which also would have been another demand on Jane's time.

Someone who recommended the movie to me said they cried all the way through it but I did not (and I do often cry during movies) so it wasn't depressing as I thought it might be.

Eddie Redmayne does an incredible job of playing Hawking and Felicity Jones as his wife, Jane.  I highly recommend this movie.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment