Sunday, March 11, 2018

"The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo"

"The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" is a novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid which I picked up on a shelf at my local library featuring some books.  When Evelyn Hugo wants to do a tell all about her life as a glamorous movie star and her seven husbands and other scandals associated with her career, she chooses a little known reporter, Monique Grant, to do the honors. No one knows why but the reason is unveiled at the end of her life story.

Since I knew what the book was leading up to and I was curious as to why Evelyn chose Monique, I started the book but impatiently scanned the various chapters about each of her husbands starting with page 61.  I read enough to get a picture of each of her relationships until I found what I wanted.  It is not a reading style I recommend but it served me well and I will look for other novels authored by Reid to check out.  It is a well written story and, without telling you my age, I will say that I'm old enough to decide not to read every word of every book so I can "read" more books in my lifetime.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment