Friday, November 28, 2014

"Mind Prey"

I'm reading John Sandford's Lucas Davenport "Prey" series in order and just finished "Mind Prey" which (like his other books) kept me on the edge of my seat while reading yet another of his satisfying thrillers.  It's an over three hundred page hardback which I couldn't read in one setting so I have to confess that I did peek at the ending along the way.  Despite that I did read every word of the book!

Deputy Chief Lucas Davenport is called in to help find Andi Manette, a psychiatrist, who was kidnapped along with her two young daughters as they were leaving the girls' school.  Everyone close to her is a suspect -- her estranged husband, her business partner, her father, her stepmother, and her patients.  Lucas knows that time is of the essence in a kidnapping if they hope to find them alive so he and his team go into overdrive looking for clues that might tell them who is behind the kidnapping and what it is they hope to achieve from it.  Will there be a ransom or is this revenge for something?

In the meantime, Manette and her daughters are being held in an isolated farmhouse and, while Lucas tries to find them in time, she works with her daughters to save all of them from a captor obsessed with her.  As is usual with the Sandford novels I've read, this one is full of twists and turns as we follow Lucas' investigation.  Sandford is an amazing story teller!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment