Saturday, November 29, 2014

"Cut and Run"

"Cut and Run" is another Joe Hunter thriller by Matt Hilton and I've been reading the series in order since I discovered Hilton and Hunter.  I've learned to put everything else aside when I start one of these books so I planned the day after Thanksgiving as the day to read "Cut and Run" in its entirety.

Joe Hunter is Ex-CIA and Special Ops who came from England originally.  He's made a lot of enemies during his covert career but he is puzzled by current events.  Someone (who looks enough like him to be him or his twin) is murdering people in his name.  When the police want to question him, more people end up dead and Hunter realizes he has to be free to solve who is behind this and why they are targeting him and his friends.  But where can he turn for help -- who will help him now?

Although there are clues throughout as to possible suspects behind what appears to be revenge pure and simple, even I was blown away when I discovered who was pulling the strings behind the scenes and who was helping him or her.  This is another great read by Hunter full of twists and turns.  Reading it is like being there and I can't help but wonder how Hilton knows so much about the world of covert ops.  pazt




No comments:

Post a Comment