Monday, July 18, 2011

"Let Me In"


"Let Me In" by John Ajvide Lindqvist is touted as a "phenomenal international bestseller" and it's already been made into a movie. Lindqvist is a Swedish author who writes in the same vein as Stephen King. Although I can't say I particularly liked this book, I did finish it. It's a story of adolescents and bullying as well as complicated adult relationships/friendships and something sinister that is likened to vampirism but doesn't appear quite to be vampirism thus a little hard to describe. I guess Lindqvist is trying to piggyback on the vampire craze of the moment but I much prefer the Twilight series set in Forks, WA.

The back of the book has an excerpt from his next book, "Handling The Undead," and it did not pique my interest even a little bit!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment