Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Rebel Island"


It looks like Rick Riordan's Tres Navarre P.I. series has come to end as this last book in the series, "Rebel Island," was published in 2007. Since I've thoroughly enjoyed this series, I'm disappointed but "Rebel Island" does not disappoint. The story starts with Tres and his girlfriend, Maia, who is 8 1/2 months pregnant with their child, at their wedding. When a thunderstorm strikes moving the wedding indoors, it appears to be an omen of things to come. Navarre's brother, Garrett, convinces the newlyweds that they do need a honeymoon even though they hadn't planned one and he convinces them to take that honeymoon on Rebel Island at a hotel Garrett's friend owns so, naturally, Garrett tags along, too. Tres has given up his P.I. business in favor of a full-time English professorship at the university but a murder in the hotel sets him detecting again -- in the midst of a hurricane and power outages. The situation deteriorates from there with Tres in a race to find a killer before they all end up dead. As usual, this was a book I couldn't put down so I read it in about a day and highly recommend it.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment