Friday, April 8, 2011

"Moonlight Mile"


I picked up "Moonlight Mile" by Dennis Lehane at my library on the best picks shelf. As those of you who have been reading my blog know, I like to read detective series in order. For some reason I missed the fact that this mystery is not the first one in a series featuring Investigators Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro until I was halfway through the book and decided to read the inside cover. There were clues as previous cases were mentioned so maybe that's what prompted me to check out the flyleaf.

Although I'm upset with myself for not noticing this first, I probably will still go back to read the earlier novels because the writing is so delicious.

Twelve years ago these investigators took on the task of looking for four year old Amanda McCready and, when they found her living in a loving home, they returned her to her mother -- who didn't provide the most stable living situation for her. Now Amanda is 16 and, according to her aunt, has disappeared again although her mother is denying that she is missing. This case took its toll on Patrick and Angie's relationship twelve years ago -- what will it do now?

Their search for Amanda takes them to some seedy and dangerous places. Will they be able to rescue Amanda without losing their lives, too?

It's a good read and the writing is superb so I highly recommend the book and I'm definitely going to check out Lehane's other novels, too.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment