Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"The Lightning Thief"

02/16/10

If you pay any attention to movies at all, you know that "Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief" is playing in theaters right now. When my younger daughter saw the previews at the movie theater late last year, she decided she wanted to read the book before the movie came out. She liked it so much that she
gave her father a copy for Christmas. He read it and passed it on to me and I just finished reading it today. If I hadn't needed sleep, I would have finished it much sooner! If you like the Harry Potter books, you'll probably also like the Percy Jackson series.

I went on-line to my library to place a hold on the second book in the series this evening and discovered I was something like 182nd in line for 19 holdable copies. Maybe it is time for us to purchase a copy of the second book, too!

My daughter and her husband went to see the movie last weekend and she was a little disappointed. She did say it was good but didn't think there was an urgency for us to rush out to see it at the theater.

My research uncovered the fact that the author, Rick Riordan, also writes mysteries, the Tres Navarre series, which has won the top three awards in the mystery genre so I'm going to pick up the first book in that series soon and start reading them, too. I'll let you know what I think.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment