Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Carl Hiaasen

02/16/10

If you've never read a book by Carl Hiaasen, I'd highly recommend you give one a try. I've found them to be laugh out loud funny at times and filled with "characters" like none I've ever "met" before. Hiaasen also manages to get in some political or environmental statements in a humorous way.

"Skinny Dip" was recommended to me when I was looking for a book to lead a discussion on at my book club group last summer. I was recuperating from eye surgery and just wanted something light and fun to read. My spouse and I both thoroughly enjoyed this book -- so much so that he asked for more Hiaasen books for his birthday. He read "Strip Tease" -- the one the Demi Moore movie is based on -- but didn't find it as good as "Skinny Dip." Since I haven't yet read it, I won't voice an opinion until I have.

At his recommendation I recently read "Stormy Weather" and found it as entertaining as "Skinny Dip." Carl Hiassen's books rarely share the same characters so that's an advantage for me because I can read them in any order.

I'll keep you posted as I read more Hiaasen in the future.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment