Monday, February 1, 2010

The Librarian

March 15, 2010

My spouse and I watched the last of "The Librarian" movie series in February and we're both disappointed it's come to an end. We hope there's another one in the works! This last one is "The Librarian Curse of the Judas Chalice" and joining the cast this time as the female lead is Stana Katic. If she looks familiar, it's because she plays Detective Kate Becket on ABC's "Castle." For those of you who are enjoying the latest interest in all things vampire, this movie has one! Another fun movie!



02/01/10

Here we are already at the beginning of a new month -- Where did January go?!

For the holidays my spouse and I gave ourselves a membership to the 24 Hour Fitness just down the street so we can walk on the treadmill no matter what the weather is like outside -- a big plus in rainy Washington state.

What makes the walking bearable for me is plugging in ear plugs so I can listen and watch the TV screen in front of me while I walk. Since we usually only walk 30-40 minutes, however, I'm either catching the end of a show, the middle of a show or the beginning without knowing how it ends.

Last month I saw the end of one of "The Librarian" movies with Noah Wyle and found it to be so much fun that I've had to check them out. So far I've watched the first two DVD's in this movie series. They're action, romance, and spoof/comedy all rolled into one with some terrific acting. In addition to Noah Wyle (of ER fame) playing the lead, Bob Newhart, Jane Curtin, and Olympia Dukakis have recurring support roles.

The first one is "The Librarian - Quest for the Spear" -- a TNT original movie.
The second one is "The Librarian - Return to King Solomon's Mines" from the producer of "Independence Day." Noah's co-star on this one is Gabrielle Anwar and her role in the movie is reminiscent of the type of character she plays on the TV series, "Burn Notice."

If you're looking for pure escapism mixed in with fun and adventure, I highly recommend both these movies. Now I'm off to find the third one!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment