Monday, June 10, 2019

Meditation

I am trying to do a daily meditation and a few weeks ago I started reading a daily meditation from Anne Wilson Schaef's small book, "Meditations For Women Who Do Too Much."  It has small one page meditations for every day of the year.  Often it feels to me like it is for women who are recovering from an addiction to alcohol or drugs.  Although I haven't experienced one of those addictions, I do have trouble letting go of "stuff."

Today's mediation (June 10) is entitled "Satisfaction."  The last paragraph really hit me,  It says:

"Sometimes, when I take stock, I only look at what isn't done.  I also need to look at what I have, what's been done, and what's being done."

I have a daily to do list along with scheduled events.  I know realistically that, unless I keep my nose to the grindstone every minute, I am not going to complete every item on that list.  However, I still feel bad about myself when I don't so basically that means I'm feeling bad about myself daily!  What the above paragraph says to me is that I need to instead look at what I have accomplished each day!  So...my new focus is to accept I am realistically unable to do everything on my list so I must prioritize daily and pat myself on the back for what I do accomplish!  Wish me luck in making this change!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment