Sunday, May 31, 2015

"The Zero Trap"

"The Zero Trap" by Paula Gosling was published in the March 1980 issue of "Good Housekeeping."  My favorite part of "Good Housekeeping" was always the novel in each issue so my interest waned when they stopped publishing them.  However, I have some back issues and took them with me on a recent holiday and read all the novels and short stories they offered before sending them to recycling.

"The Zero Trap" was one of my favorites -- suspense and romance -- so I was disappointed to discover that, although Gosling has written a lot of books, only one is available at my local library - how disappointing!  I may have to try to find some of them on Amazon.

In this story, a plane load of people are kidnapped and left in a mansion somewhere very cold which hinders their ability to try to escape.  In the meantime, the kidnappers have ransom demands for the father and fiance of one of the passengers but they're not demands easily met.  As they wait for rescue, some murders occur among the passengers.  Who is doing it and who can they not trust?  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment