Sunday, May 17, 2015

"Organizing For Your Brain Type"

"Organizing For Your Brain Type - Finding Your Own Solution to Managing Time, Paper, and Stuff" by Lanna Nakone, M.A. has struck a chord with me.  I picked this paperback book up at the library and decided to take it with me on a recent overnight trip.  My husband was in a daylong workshop and I pulled out my yellow pad and a copy of this book and started reading and taking notes.

I'm halfway through the book, have taken a couple of the quizzes and have decided I'm a mix of two styles.  There's the "Maintaining Style," the "Harmonizing Style," the "Innovating Style," and the "Prioritizing Style."  The quiz places me firmly in the "Maintaining Style" but when I started reading about the various styles, I decided that yes, when I'm organizing in my brain, I'm in the "Maintaining Style" but when I'm organizing at home, I fit more closely the "Harmonizing Style."

I still need to take the sensory preferences quiz and have my husband take the quizzes to determine his style.  It's pretty apparent to me that we have differing styles -- amazing we've been able to live together fairly harmoniously for over 50 years!  The author promises that she can even help couples get organized who have differing styles.

Since what I've read so far resonates with me, I need my own copy of the book so I can start using it as a guide to implement some of her ideas for my style(s),  If you're looking to make sense of your papers and other "stuff," I suggest you take a look at Lanna Nakone's ideas.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment