Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Rizzoli & Isles" - The Complete First Season

Although I can't remember having read any of Dr. Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles novels, I'm loving the TV series that brings them to life.  Now that we don't have all the cable channels in the world I'm having to rely on watching it on line or finding another source.  I recently checked out the entire first season on DVD from my library and tonight my spouse and I watched the last episode.  Wouldn't you know - it's a cliff hanger!!!  Why hadn't I already put in a request for the second season?  It looks like I'm 47th in line to get it.

Angie Harmon is perfect as Detective Jane Rizzoli as is Sasha Alexander who portrays Dr. Maura Isles.  This cop/coroner team (who also happen to be friends) are a great duo and the support cast is not bad either.  Jordan Bridges is Jane's brother, Frankie Rizzoli Jr. (also a cop) and  Lorraine Bracco portrays her mom.  Lee Thompson Young is Detective Barry Frost  - Jane's current partner.  Bruce McGill  is Detective Vincent Korsak - her former partner and none to happy about it!

The two most gruesome episodes are the first and eighth ones featuring the Surgeon - a serial killer behind bars thanks to Jane and her former partner, Detective Korsak.  After the eighth episode my spouse informed me he wasn't watching any more episodes that had anything to do with the "Surgeon."  I can't say I blame him as they're pretty creepy!

Amidst the normal murder and mayhem that accompanies a cop and coroner's life, there's some romance, some family drama, and some inquisitiveness on Maura's part about her roots.  She was adopted by a wealthy family and has wealth but not so much love.  I can't wait to see more about these characters fleshed out in future episodes in the series.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment