Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Death of a Six-Foot Teddy Bear"

Sharon Dunn's "Death of a Six-Foot Teddy Bear" is apparently her second book in A Bargain Hunters Mystery series.  I thought I was reading the first book in the series until near the end of the book but I did wonder as she kept referring to a previous death.   Although the story is decent, it's not a mystery that has me begging to read more of the series.  I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I am not  fond of books that add  sex to their mysteries sort of as an afterthought -- It always makes me think the author has been asked to add it to sell more books.  That's not the case in Dunn's book but what she has running throughout her book is a "Christianity" theme where part of the goal of her characters is to see that the heroines are involved with men who are Christian and/or promoting Christianity among their friends and it just doesn't add to the story line for me.  Since this edition is a "Large Print Christian Mystery," I've made an assumption (perhaps erroneously) that all books in this series are in this vein.  Since I read mysteries for escapism and not to be preached to, I don't plan to pick up any more of Dunn's books to read.  I don't have enough time as it is to read all the good books I want to and/or keep up with some of my favorite authors.  However, I also never miss an opportunity to check out an author I haven't read before just in case I'll find a new author to follow.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment