Monday, May 7, 2012

National Treasure 2 - Book of Secrets

I've had the DVD, "National Treasure 2 - Book of Secrets," on loan from the library for a few months now and it's time to return it. It (along with National Treasure 1) has become such a favorite of my husband's that I've decided we need our own copy of "Book of Secrets" to add to our DVD library along with the first movie. I believe it's going to be an excellent Father's Day gift for him and I'll have the benefit of watching it right along with him. This sequel is just as action packed and filled with humor (and a little romance) as the first one. The treasure Ben Gates is seeking takes us back to the Civil War and the assassination of President Lincoln. Watching these movies is like having a history lesson presented in a way that makes it fun to learn. Ben Gates is again played by Nicolas Cage with Jon Voight as his dad plus his girlfriend and sidekick also return along with Harvey Keitel. New on the scene is Helen Mirren as his mom. Ed Harris does a superb job of playing the "villain" in this second movie. Although the ending seems to set the stage for a third movie, I've heard a rumor that it's not going to happen -- much to my disappointment! If you haven't seen either of the National Treasure movies, I suggest you check them out if you like adventure/action movies. pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment