Monday, May 21, 2012

"Cold Magic"

"Cold Magic" by Kate Elliott is the first book in "The Spiritwalker Trilogy." I don't believe I've ever read anything by Elliott before and I have to admit I had some difficulty getting into this book at first. However, I persisted and enjoyed it and am intrigued enough to check out the next book in the series, "Cold Fire," just to discover what happens to the heroine(s) of this book. It's a fantasy that is a little hard for me to describe but it features two cousins, Cat and Bee, who grew up together in the same household and both are on the verge of coming of age. Neither is prepared for what the future holds for them but they both have "magical" gifts that should make the transition to adulthood - and the challenges it brings - easier. An interesting side note: This book was influenced by ideas from the author's children and she turned to them for suggestions while writing it. pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment