Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Wyrd Sisters"


"Wyrd Sisters" -- the animated movie -- is based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld sci-fi/fantasy books. Although I am a fantasy fan, this series probably isn't one I'll be reading as it's a little far out for me. If you're a fan of Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy," though, it would probably appeal to you.

I'm not sure whether I would recommend "Wyrd Sisters" as one of your date night viewing DVD's or not but my spouse and I agree that it was fun. The cover of the DVD pretty well sums up the movie -- "A tale of sorcery and spells, witches and warts, and a fool who's smarter than he looks." The "Wyrd Sisters" are three witches of varying ages and the youngest one's voice is English. I loved listening to her talk because it sounded so much like my English granddaughter -- although my granddaughter's not an adult.

If you do check this movie out, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment