Sunday, January 2, 2011

"The Bucket List"


January is my birthday month so the "rule" is that I am allowed to make all kinds of choices on the home front -- although I can't say that that is all that unusual even when it's not my birthday month! Tonight I decided movie night would be "The Bucket List" - a Rob Reiner film starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. It is a superb movie with Nicholson portraying a self-made millionaire/billionaire??? who owns a string of hospitals. When he ends up in one himself with Freeman's character as his roommate, his life changes as a friendship and a mutual diagnosis bonds them. They set off to see the world and do the things they both wanted to do before they die -- hence "the bucket list." The friendship grows as experiences and intimate details of their lives are shared. Sean Hayes plays Nicholson's assistant and Rob Morrow his doctor. The scenery (around the world) is spectacular as is the music that accompanies it. It is truly a heartwarming story and led me to ask myself at the end: Is there anything I've left undone that I really would still like to do? Although there are things I'd like to do, I can't say I have any regrets. My life has been great and my spouse and I and our children and grandchildren are close and loving -- What more could I ask for?! How about you? Would you make any changes?

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment