Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Curse of the Spellmans" by Lisa Lutz

Lisa Lutz has done it again in her sequel to "The Spellman Files." Private Investigator Isabel (Izzy) Spellman returns with her wacky family to provide more entertainment. As I try to read these books in bed, I'm shaking the bed with laughter. Fortunately, I have an understanding spouse who attempts (reasonably well it seems) to sleep through my late night reading. Once again Izzy jumps to some erroneous conclusions while trying to solve a mystery but she's lucky to have Police Inspector Henry Stone and her younger sister, Rae, to get her back on track.

Good News! The first book is being adapted as a movie by Paramount Pictures. I can hardly wait to see the Spellmans on the big screen!

In the meantime, I have some other books to read to prepare for the August meeting of my book club. Since I'm leading the discussion, I will have to wait to read "Revenge of the Spellmans!"

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment