Friday, July 9, 2010

"Beat The Reaper"

This debut novel by Josh Bazell has received a lot of good reviews. He is certainly well qualified to write with a B.A. in English literature and writing from Brown University. What's surprising to me is how he found time to pen this novel while completing his medical internship.

Although I found the book entertaining, I had a little difficulty at times with some of the more gruesome details of the story. It's certainly a novel premise for a mystery with the lead character being Dr. Peter Brown, an intern at a New York hospital who has a rather shady past which he must confront in the course of an 8 hour day! I picked it up off the "favorites" shelf at my local library and it was a quick read for me because the story hooked me early on.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment