Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Italian Fever

Stretching beyond my favorite mystery thrillers to look at other genres led me to Valerie Martin's "Italian Fever."

Lucy Stark works for a best selling author of so-so talent. When he dies in Italy while writing his latest book, she's sent to settle his affairs and handle his burial. It leads her from her solitary life to a bit of an adventure with some twists and turns along the way. It's a mix of romance and Gothic suspense. The jury is still out as to how much I liked this book as I continue to digest it. I did like it well enough that I'm open to reading another book by Valerie Martin.

Although I don't remember hearing anything about this author before, I have heard of the 1995 movie, "Mary Reilly" which is based on her book of the same name.

I'd love to hear what you think if you've read any of this author's work.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment