Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

While I was waiting to read Book 10 in Harrod-Eagles' Bill Slider detective series, I checked out Harrod-Eagles book, "Real Life," which is a collection of short stories. I found them to be a mix of quirky, strange, and downright funny tales! It's not at all like what I have come to expect in the Bill slider series but an enjoyable read none the less.

In the last couple of years my daughter and son-in-law in England have been house hunting so the concept of real estate "chains" were explained to me in some detail and that came in handy in reading one of the stories. Basically, if the person purchasing a home has a home to sell and the person below or above them also is in the same position, it's like falling dominoes -- any deal in the chain that doesn't go has the potential to affect all the transactions in the chain below.

Back to "Real Life," though -- a good read but not all stories gave me the same feeling as the Detective Bill Slider series which I can't get enough of!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment