Tuesday, March 26, 2019

"Thug Kitchen - Eat Like You Give A F_ _ _ - The Official Cookbook"

"Thug Kitchen - Eat Like You Give a F_ _ _ - The Official Cookbook" may offend some of our sensibilities with all it's swear words but it is a great resource for those trying to eat healthier.  There are some delicious looking recipes that I have yet to try but they are on my future menu list.  Unfortunately, I eat plant based, no oil so I will have to make some adjustments to eliminate the oil in the recipes because they still include oil.

I think what I love most about this cookbook is the basics they teach.  Here are some examples:

How to make a simple tomato sauce,
How to make a basic pot of beans or cook grains,
How to make basic green smoothies where you choose the ingredients,
How to build a salad,
How to build a bowl,
How to cut a mango and how to cut vegetables,
How to bake tofu,
How to make veggie broth with scraps,
How to roast garlic or your own bell peppers...

Where will I start?  My husband has Stage 4 esophageal cancer which the medical community has no cure for - only palliative care -- so we're doing our own alternative treatment.  Since he sometimes has difficulty swallowing whole foods, we have been making a lot of smoothies and I've been trying different recipes.  This book gives me the confidence to try my own smoothie concoctions using their basic formula.

I also am excited about some of the dessert recipes -- pudding types should be easy for my hubby plus he seems to have no difficulty getting cookies down so I may try one of the cookie recipes this week, too.

If you have trouble with the swear words, try to find a way to replace them in your mind and take a look at this book as I think it's worth it!  pazt


No comments:

Post a Comment