Friday, February 22, 2019

"Heaven Is For Real For Kids"

"Heaven Is For Real For Kids" as told by Colton Burpo to his parents Todd & Sonja Burpo is the story of  how Colton experienced heaven during an emergency operation at three years of age.  This book is his story as told to his parents to share with other children.

I grew up in a Baptist Church and moved from Baptist to Southern Baptist to Methodist to Congregational to Unity and now belong to a Unitarian Universalist Church so,  you might think my views on religion might have changed over the years to reflect my transition to more liberal congregations.  However, my views essentially have always pretty much remained the same - It is not important to me what happens after I die.  I'm not afraid of death - more afraid of experiencing a lot of pain or suffering while dying.

Colton's experiences to me reflected what he would have expected to see from his Sunday School experiences but what I cannot explain is the little girl who "wouldn't stop hugging me" who is surmised to be his sister who'd died in utero.  If this story will bring comfort to parents and/or children, I thank the Burpos for sharing it.  pazt


No comments:

Post a Comment