Sunday, July 29, 2018

:"Death Comes In Through The Kitchen"

"Death Comes In Through The Kitchen" is a murder mystery authored by Teresa Dovlpage set in Havana where the author was born.  She now lives in New Mexico and is the author of of other fiction and plays.

This was not a mystery that grabbed me and kept me reading to the end to figure out "whodunnit."  In fact, I've been reading it little by little for weeks and am just now coming to the end.  Matt, a journalist from San Diego, arrives in Havana to propose marriage to a 24 year old Cuban woman he met through her food blog.  To his surprise, she is not at the airport to greet him and, when friends take him to her apartment, she is discovered dead.  Although he is not a suspect in the murder, his passport is held while the murder is being investigated so he has time to explore Havana and meet some of her friends.

There are so many books and so little time and this one didn't hold my attention well enough for me to want to read any more of this author's work.  If you think I'm in error, I'd love to hear from you.  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment