Friday, April 6, 2018

"The Mountain Between Us"

"The Mountain Between Us" starring academy award winner, Kate Winslet, and golden globe winner, Idris Elba, is based on the novel by Charles Martin.  I haven't read the book but I had heard favorable reports about the movie so I checked it out for my hubby and I to watch this evening.

It's the story of a Philadelphia neurosurgeon and a New York journalist who find each other stranded in the Boise airport after all commercial flights are cancelled due to a storm.  He needs to be home to perform brain surgery on a child the next morning and she needs to get home for her wedding so they charter a small plane together.  When the plane crashes in the mountains and the pilot dies, they are stranded on the mountain with the pilot's dog.  Since the pilot didn't file a flight plan, no one knows where they are and neither one called anyone at home to tell them they'd chartered a plane.

This is a story of survival and learning to depend and support one another and the journey they travel changes both their lives forever.  I found it well worth viewing!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment