Wednesday, March 8, 2017

"The Neon Court or, The Betrayal of Matthew Swift"

"The Neon Court or,The Betrayal of Matthew Swift" is Kate Griffin's third book in the Matthew Swift Series.  It always takes me a while to get into the Matthew Swift books -- perhaps because they are based on their own world and I have to find my way back into that world.  Although it is slow going, I always want to finish the books and, as I near the end, my interest increases as does my reading pace.  This book, however, is probably one of my least favorite of the Matthew Swift series and took me the longest to read.

Swift has a battle on his hand as the Tribe and the Neon Court are preparing to go to war.  The Midnight Mayor (in an old treaty) has agreed to fight on the side of The Neon Court.  However, Swift wants to be sure who or what started this war before he enters a battle.  The negotiations to find that out take  their toll and Swift loses some friends and/or colleagues leading up to the battle and is mightily bruised himself and that's only the beginning!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment