Saturday, October 10, 2015

"Agenda 21: Into The Shadows"

 "Agenda 21:  Into The Shadows" is a thriller that I picked up when I was browsing the best picks books at my library.  It is written by Glenn Beck with Harriet Parke.

When I picked up the book, the name Glenn Beck rang a bell with me but it wasn't until I started reading the book that I remembered he is a conservative political commentator and his bias showed through in his writing.  Not being a conservative myself I couldn't finish the book as it did not hold my interest that well.

The thesis of the book is that " 'Agenda 21' depicts not what is, but rather what could be if the words and statements from Agenda 21's actual documents and UN promoters were to be carried out to their fullest meaning..." according to The New American.

To me that smacks of conspiracy theory - unfortunately, some conspiracy theorists may have it right but I chose not to read this version.  As I see our political process being corrupted, I do have to be concerned that we, as Americans, may be being led down a path that could lead us to become like those who failed to take a stand in Nazi Germany.   For the sake of my children and grandchildren I hope I'm wrong....pazt


No comments:

Post a Comment