Tuesday, June 30, 2015

"Easy Prey"

For those who have been following my blogs, you know that I have been reading John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series in order.  I just finished "Easy Prey" which is 407 pages in hardback!  My sister was here visiting from Arizona last week and I knew I didn't dare start this book while she was here or I wouldn't be spending any time with her.  That turned out to be a very wise decision because I started the book Saturday evening while I was watching my youngest grandchildren and continued it until I fell asleep in the early hours of Sunday morning.  I didn't sleep long because I woke up and started reading again -- skipped church so I could finish the book!

If you're a Lucas Davenport fan, you'll love this tale.When a model and another woman are murdered at a party, Lucas and his team are called to investigate.  Imagine his surprise when Lucas finds out one of his own men was at the party -- Will that complicate the investigation?

As the investigation continues, secrets are uncovered that keep the team guessing and shifting their focus.  In the meantime, Lucas is dealing with four women -- an old lover comes back into his life, a former lover and co-worker joins the investigation, a murder victim's sister shows an interest in him and his ex-fiance is making overtures that might mean she wants to be back in his life!  All this requires some juggling on Davenport's part in his personal life as well as the investigation.  I think this might be one of the most interesting cases yet!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment