Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reaching Out

As I was meditating this morning, a thought came to me:  We each live in our own insulated world.  No matter how much or how little we may have, we view the world from where we are.  It is only by being willing to look outside that world to see the pain or suffering of those less fortunate than we are (and no matter where I am in life there will always be someone with less -- less material goods, less love, less health, etc) that we will learn compassion.  It is only by stepping outside that insulated world that we can reach out in love, compassion, and generosity.  By helping someone else, I not only give to them but I also feed my soul and bring joy into my life as well as feel gratitude for what I have and for what I can share.  Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment