Sunday, May 26, 2013

Vacation

Well, if you regularly follow my post, you may wonder where I've been since I usually post something a few times a week.  Shortly after my last post, my spouse and I took off for a 3 week trip to England to visit our oldest daughter and her family who live in the greater London area.  It's the first time that we've visited when it was so cold that we had to purchase some long underwear as well as borrow fleece jackets from our daughter to put under our winter coats.  Since it was almost Easter, we really thought we'd see some warmer weather but there was a wind from Siberia and snow on the ground in places and it didn't warm up until a few days before our departure for home.  Our daughter took very good care of us -- putting us to bed every night with a hot water bottle for our feet -- the ultimate luxury! 

We returned home to our jobs and a busy routine but decided we needed another vacation and took off for the Washington coast to spend a few days in a cabin in one of our favorite beach locations -- Kalaloch.  Since the cabins have no phones (and our cell phones don't work there) and no TV, we really relaxed and read and ate.  Our English daughter is a vegan and her delicious meals inspired me to move towards veganism myself so I cooked our meals at the cabin and enjoyed having the time (if not my usual kitchen equipment) to prepare some meals. 

We've decided we need to be more intentional about vacationing and enjoying time together so we already have another long weekend getaway planned soon and are planning a couple of trips for next year -- always good to having something to look forward to!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment