Sunday, March 3, 2013

"The Pleasures of Men"

The novel, "The Pleasures of Men" by the English author, Kate Williams, was given some high praise.  "Good Housekeeping" (UK) says, "A charged, fast-paced ride through the dark underbelly of Victorian London in the footsteps of a serial killer."  Williams has written several books and she teaches creative writing at London University.

A few years ago I heard Nancy Pearl, a Seattle librarian, speak at our Friends of the Library meeting and I've never forgotten one piece of wisdom she imparted.  She said take your age and subtract it from 100 and that's how many pages you need to read before you decide you don't want to finish a book.  Give yourself permission to not finish in other words!  I think I got a little further than that but then skimmed the rest of this book just to see how it ended but I just couldn't read it word for word, detail for detail.  If you decide to read it, I'd love your feedback....pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment