Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Doc Martin Series 5

I really am a fan of Doc Martin but my spouse not so much although he will watch it with me reluctantly.  Even though Doc doesn't particlarly "play nice with others," I enjoy the humor of the show and the real life struggles of the characters.  Season 5 is a 2 disc DVD I found at the library and they don't yet have Season 6 available -- maybe it's the current 2013 season?  Anyway, we're caught up to date as much as we can be with Doc and Louisa and their baby son as well as all the other "characters" in Portwen.  This season  Louisa's mother turns out to be a huge disappointment as a baby sitter and the Large men have financial difficulties.  The cast has an addition - Eileen Atkins - who plays Doc's psychiatrist aunt who has inherited his deceased aunt's farm.  Needless to say, life is never dull in Portwen with loan sharks lurking about, unexpected medical emergencies, an unhinged pharmacist, and a cat lady trying to raise money to feed her rescue cats.  I have my feelers out there for season 6!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment