Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Body Line"

"Body Line" is one of Cynthia Harrod-Eagles most recent Bill Slider Mysteries.  Since I usually read all series in order, I was surprised to learn I'd missed this one when I read "Kill My Darling."  I think there is only one more book (came out in 2012) in the series left for me to read -- what a disappointment!  I hope more are in the works. 

In "Body Line" Slider and his team are investigating the death of Dr. David Rogers who was handsome, charming, rich, and had quite a way with the women.  He seemed to have a whole harem of women past and present and an ex-wife so, when he was killed in the hallway of his very expensive home, it might be assumed the motive was passion -- or was it jealousy -- or was it just for money?  However, when more murders are linked to an association with Rogers, the team is kept busy chasing clues all over the country.  What they discover is that the man Rogers was presumed to be may all be a lie -- who was he really and why was he killed?  Those are the questions that must be answered and the path to getting there is full of twists and turns making for a challenging task for Slider's team but leading to a very satisfactory conclusion.  Even if you haven't read any other Bill Slider mysteries, this one would stand on its own and be well worth the read!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment