Friday, May 6, 2011

"Oklahoma" - The Musical Not The State!


I saw the movie, "Oklahoma," probably when I was in high school and have no memory of the plot but the music has stayed with me over the years. I tend to sing some of it in the shower but...not remembering all the lyrics I often make up my own and I'm not sure my spouse appreciates it!

Kamiak High School (Mukilteo, WA) puts on a musical every spring and their performances are always top quality and so professionally done that I never want to miss one. It has become a family tradition for my spouse and I to attend a performance on Mother's Day weekend with our younger daughter,her two daughters, and her mother-in-law. Tonight we went to see their production of "Oklahoma" and, as always, it was a fantastic musical evening of entertainment. In addition to the actors/singers/dancers there was incredible back-up by members of the Kamiak Orchestra as well as support by all the behind-the-scenes and lighting technicians. If you live in this area, I highly recommend checking out Kamiak's musicals and other drama productions. I don't think you'll regret it!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment