Saturday, May 28, 2011

"The Informationist"


"The Informationist" is a thriller by first time author, Taylor Stevens.
Michael/Vanessa Munroe, the heroine of this book, is hired to find a Texas oil billionaire's step-daughter who disappeard on vacation in Africa four years earlier. Despite the attempts of detectives he hired in the past, no trace of her has been found and the assignment Munroe has accepted seems impossible to complete. However, Munroe has skills that give her an edge previous investigators lacked and her journey back to Africa, where she was born and raised by missionary parents, is more than just an assignment. It's a chance for her to face up to her own demons.

I found Stevens to be an extremely talented writer and this book kept me engrossed throughout. Once I started it I found it hard to put down so even when I fell asleep reading it, I'd wake up in the middle of the night to continue the story. Vanessa Munroe is a strong heroine and, if the next Vanessa Munroe novel that Stevens is currently working on is as good or better, you won't want to miss either. I can't recommend this book highly enough!!!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment