Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Nine"


After checking out the DVD, "Nine," from the library numerous times and not being able to watch it before it was due again, I finally took it with me on a week mini-vacation my spouse and I took locally. Since we were on vacation and alternating nightly choosing what DVD to view while there (and it was my birthday month!), I finally persuaded my spouse to watch it with me. I would have to say that the story line was difficult to follow for both of us but, when we got to the end of the movie, it made sense and even prompted some serious discussion. We both liked the music and the incredible talent -- dancing, singing, etc. -- displayed in this movie. I'm sure the actresses spent a lot of time learning the dance steps and the music. It has an all star cast that includes Daniel Day-Lewis,Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, Fergie, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, and Sophia Loren. It's directed by Rob Marshall who was also the director of "Chicago." Although they all displayed incredible talent, I think Kate Hudson's singing and dancing surprised me the most -- possibly because I don't think I've seen her do either before. We did watch the 8 featurettes and 3 music videos that were included on the DVD and I would highly recommend them -- really gives you a feel for backgrounds and preparation for this musical. Enjoy!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment