Monday, December 13, 2010

"Revenge of the Spellmans"


Lisa Lutz is fast becoming one of my favorite authors and I thoroughly enjoyed this third book in her series about the Spellman family but featuring Private Investigator Isabel (Izzy) Spellman. Izzy is taking a break from working for her parents' detective agency by tending bar for her friend, Milo. However, she does agree to take on a case for one of Milo's friends and finds herself working on that while embroiled in her usual family escapades while trying to negotiate a truce between her younger sister, Rae, and their mutual friend, Detective Henry Stone. It was good I wasn't reading this one in bed as I would have been shaking the bed with laughter while my spouse was trying to sleep! Not only is this a fun read but would make a great gift for someone on your list who likes Janot Evanovich novels.

pazt

P.S. For you Spellman family fans, the first book, "The Spellman Files," is in development with Paramount Pictures -- I can hardly wait. Check out lisalutz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment