Saturday, December 11, 2010

"The Last King of Texas"


This is author Rick Riordan's third book in the series featuring Texas P.I., Tres Navarre and, although I've thoroughly enjoyed each one of them, this has to be my favorite so far. It starts off with a bang -- and I mean that literally -- and has Tres taking on a teaching position at the University of Texas at San Antonio for which his Ph.D. well qualifies him to be an English professor. However, that's not his only role at the University -- He's still on the payroll as a P.I. investigating the murder of his predecessor along with some related murders -- or attempted murders.

In addition to including some of his regular cast of characters (friends and family), this book introduces some new players that I'm thinking may appear in future books, too. As always, Navarre's life is complicated professionally and personally but he almost manages to get himself killed this time. I couldn't put it down while trying to figure out all the twists and turns. Hint: Don't start this book if you have holiday cards to send out or presents to wrap! It's totally distracting.

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment