Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Everything Here Is The Best Thing Ever

When I picked up this collection of short stories by Justin Taylor at my local library, the title intrigued me plus it was on the table of "good picks" so I thought it would be worth checking out. However, I didn't follow Nancy Pearl's guideline and stop reading at the appropriate number of pages for my age. Perhaps it was because it was a collection of short stories and I kept hoping I would find a redeemable one in the lot. Maybe it's the fact that Taylor is younger than my youngest child but I just didn't "get" the characters in his stories or even what passed for a plot but perhaps these stories appeal to a younger audience. When I went to his web site this morning (www.justintaylor.net) to see if I could learn more about what else he has written, it said "Nothing Here to See."

According to the bio on the back of this paperback book, Taylor has written a variety of fiction and nonfiction stories and been published in some well-known journals and magazines as well as being featured on web sites. He's currently working on his first novel but I doubt that it will be one that catches my interest!

pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment