Thursday, April 1, 2010

"HeartSick"

04/01/10

I recently read "HeartSick" by Chelsea Cain, an author who grew up in Bellingham, WA. (Her web site: www.chelseacain.com.) This book is about a female serial killer and I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart because, if you don't like graphic details, this book isn't for you. However, it's called an "addictive read" by Tess Gerritsen and I agree because I didn't want to put it down until I'd finished it. Although there are many strong supporting characters, the main focus is on Portland cop, Archie Sheridan, and Gretchen Lowell, the serial killer he put behind bars, but can't quite put out of his life. Woven throughout the book are relationships between parents and children, lovers, husbands and wives as well as friendships and the positive aspects of stonrg, supportive friendships -- those people who will be there for you no matter what -- the friends we all hope to share our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment