Wednesday, August 1, 2018

"Even"

"Even" is authored by Andrew Grant who is the brother of Lee Child and husband of Tasha Alexander.  After reading the three novels in his Cooper Devereaux series, I decided to start his David Trevellyan Thrillers.  "Even" is the first in this series and it has kept me engaged from the beginning.  It is a book that I started as bedtime reading and, unfortunately as far as my ability to get sleep was concerned, I couldn't put it down until I just had to.  Unlike the last mystery I read which took me weeks to read because it just didn't keep me engaged, this one has been a fast read and fast paced action!

The jacket cover introduces David Trevellyan as "James Bond for the 21st century -- taken out of dinner jackets and thrown onto the gritty streets of New York."

As a member of the British Royal Navy, Trevellyan has just completed an assignment in the U.S. and is ready to board a flight the next morning back to England.  However, on his walk back to his hotel from dinner he finds a dead body then finds himself accused of the murder.  Even the British Consulate is unable to help him with this one because the victim is an undercover FBI agent known to have taken a call from a British man.  It's up to Trevellyan to prove his innocence and  work with the U.S. authorities to uncover an international conspiracy.  Great read!  pazt

No comments:

Post a Comment